23 March 2009

Happy Birthday!

A few weeks ago we celebrated Bumblebee's first birthday and today is my 1 year blogiversary!


So much has happened in a year... The blogosphere is changing; my practice is changing; my left shoulder is still bothering me but it's slowly healing under the guarding eyes and hands of my wonderful teacher Mercury; my job situation is changing, don't know yet if it's for the better or if I'll finally decide to go elsewhere. We'll see what happens...

I still have hopes for this blog, but like I wrote in my very first post, I've never felt I had much to say about myself or my life in a blog or a web site, and that may be the key to why I haven't been able to keep up my writing for the last months. I'm a very social being (some of you know this from other channels :) and I think maybe my way to express myself is in the interaction with others. Blogging is a somewhat lonesome activity up to the point when/if readers start to comment. Anyway, I AM working on it, so please, bear with me...

And the baby is not a baby anymore! She's growing into a little girl so fast you can't believe it!!! She's got six teeth and is walking and talking. Alright, no real words yet, but talking she is. Here's a little clip to prove it :) (sorry about the really poor quality of this... my camera is finally quitting on me... need to get a new one!) The clip is from after her birthday party. Everyone is running around, cleaning up the place, while she is still, after so many hours and soooo many people, just a sparkling little bundle of sunshine! How is this even possible? I love her so much it hurts...

10 comments:

ashtanga en cevennes said...

It's so wonderful to see a post here! Facebook can never make up for it!!

Bumblebee is sooo pretty and sweet! It looks like her birthday party was a big affair.

How's your practice these days? I hurt my neck and didn't go to the shala today, boohoo.

mangotree said...

Hi Chitta
nice to see you here again. Blogging is indeed weird, but I find Facebook even weirder, I found that more depressing and so I left that space. Still finding out how I really feel about blogging myself. I do love to read the blogs from you guys out there, so please continue to grace us with your bubbly presence.
And Happy Birthday to your blog and to Bumblebee, she's absolutely lovely. You're lucky to have her in your life.

Fatou

eeyore said...

happy blogiversary! and you're right, js, bumblebee is pretty adorable:)

eeyore said...

fatou! astralplaning we are!

chitta vritti said...

sweet, loving, wonderful friends! (i feel so bad for not posting in such a long time... i do miss you all terribly!)

Joy, her party WAS a big affair! it was so much fun and she enjoyed every minute of it even though she didn't understand that all those people were there because her :)

so sorry about you neck! please, be careful and i hope it gets better soon. my practice is consistent for the first time ever! have been since august last year when i switched shala. my 'new' teacher is doing wonders for my practice, but i suppose, most of all it's me doing wonders, right?

Fatou, you're too sweet! i tell myself over and over that it shouldn't be so hard, but i just haven't been able to bring myself to write lately... i think i need to find myself a blogging strategy!

Eeyore! thank you, my bestest donkey :) i'm soooooo pleased that you and Owl are sharing the same adventure!!! you wont believe this, but dreamed of you the other night, that you were there with her. and when i woke up in the morning, i found out that it was actually true :)))

crankyhausfrau said...

so cute! happy birthday to you both!

eeyore said...

amazing dream:)

Arturo said...

hi Chitta Vritti
your Bumblebee looks like she's read to go to school, with that big bag. are you going to enroll her in swimming classes? ha! i found it so funny how parents in San Fran are sometimes enrolling their tots in swimming classes at about 2 years old. pressure.
hugs
Arturo

Liz said...

hi!! You're back- even if briefly, it's a treat. What a sweetheart of a little girl. Love the clip of nothing that is also so much.

chitta vritti said...

thanks Liz! i feel silly to put something like that up, but you're right! it's of nothing and yet so much :)

Arturo, it's funny you'd say that! she's actually been going to baby swimming school since she was just six months or so! not that it's about her learning to swim, just that she'll get used to water and enjoy :) she loooves it! i'll put up a pic when i have i minute.