16 June 2008

I should post...

...I know, even just the shortest post. It's just that I don't seem to be able to put down one single word in writing or put them into coherent sentences. It's not like I have nothing to write about. There have been at least ten different posts twirling in my head all weekend, and yet I couldn't get any of them out. None, nada, zilch.

At least practice has been good. Strangely enough, I've felt strong and quite bendy over the last coupe of days. Yesterday I was just a teeny tiny bit from getting my head on the floor in prasarita padottanasana A, all by myself. As if that wasn't enough, I also bound the right leg in ardha baddha padmottanasana - by myself. None of this has ever happened before without assists. My surya namaskars are coming along as well, slowly, slowly. None of my teachers has said anything out of the ordinary about them since I practiced with Gabi, which I think prove my decision to practice with Mercury for a while is a good one. Beginning next Monday, I will be going there Mondays through Thursdays. Fridays and Sundays will be self practice - if I'm not to lazy ;-)

Oh, and in two weeks I will be going to Paris on a conference. I'm a bit curious to try out a shala somewhere else, and also a bit terrified... I've found this shala not far away from where I'll be staying and they have two morning mysore classes during the time I'll be there. Anyone know anything about it or have any other shala to recommend in the vicinity?

Also, I finally got a new cast-iron pot and a frying pan. When me and XBF separated a few years ago, I lost my lovely cast-iron pot to him (and the frying pan was his in the first place). We divided our stuff and I chose a few things that aren't that easy to find and replace, so he got the pot. Even though I have missed it, things have been busy and a bit unorderly in my life since then and it's just in the last six months that I've started to cook at home again, now that I have a proper kitchen. Anyways, I've missed it more lately and needed to get a new one. On Saturday, after finishing up with the laundry, I went out to get the pan and the pot. Goddamn, am I freakin' happy to be strong nowadays! Carrying those back home made me feel invincible.

As the lucky owner of these fantastic cookware, I of course had to cook my favorite of favorites - the famous Chitta pasta sauce. Only problem was to find the bacon. THE BACON! Is that a fucking scarce commodity all of a sudden? I had to go to THREE stores to find ANY, and of course it wasn't the organic one that I usually buy. Had to settle for some poor stressed out pig from Denmark... But what could I do? Should I've fucking waited till today? I don't think so! The cookware had to be inaugurated, and it couldn't wait! Now there is pasta sauce that would last for a whole battalion in my fridge. I'll probably be sick and tired of it in the end of the week...

(Oups, seems my writers cramp disappeared :)

13 comments:

alfia said...

Congrats on the new cookware! It gets me so inspired every time, I keep buying new stuff. No room in the kitchen left.
I am glad your practice was good. Makes the day, doesn't it?

chitta vritti said...

thank you Alfia :) browsing stores for cookware can really be inspiring! and yes, it's too easy to get more stuff than there is room for... specially when they're as big as this pot!

i agree, a good practice makes the day - even just a practice makes the day :)

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Chitta you are so funny! "Should I have fucking waited till today?" This made me laugh out loud. Yesterday night I was watching Sopranos with my Philippe and I can just hear him repeating in his french accent "what the fuck are you doing, you fat fuck?" It is such a great word. Fuck, fuck, fuck!

Hey, I love the names you've assigned to everyone there in your blogroll! And yay for being freaking strong! Yay for your bendy self. Have a wonderful fin-du-matin!

(oh ps, let me ask my teacher where he studied in Paris. I think his teacher is Caroline Boulinguez or something like that.)

chitta vritti said...

good morning Joy Suzanne!

happy my frustrations can be amusing to others :) feels funny, though, to swear in a another language! but it IS a great word and i was really pissed off. (btw, i love the french accent!)

and thank you for asking your teacher! it's pretty scary to think that i might actually go and do practice at a new shala, with a teacher that i might not be able to communicate very well with (my french stinks!) but at the same time it would be kinda cool. hmm, we'll see...

have a lovely day!

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Oh, they all speak English. Comically, sometimes, but still. A *lot* of ashtanga students in France are Americans or else from somewhere else in the world and English is the common denominator. Paying money for hard work in a hot sweaty room hasn't really caught on among the French as it has in other parts of the west...

You have a lovely day, too!

chitta vritti said...

thank you so much, JS! that is very comforting to know :) you totally crack me up, when you describe it like that, it's not hard to see why the french aren't so appreciative of ashtanga!

oh, and i just found out about JB, so sad... i'll try to keep up the good spirits today and send Eeyore warm thoughts.

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Yes, isn't it so sad? Poor doggy. Poor donkey.

Anonymous said...

I know... I was also just reading the post and thinking, Joy will know an answer and of course she does.

Hello!

When I broke up with my ex-B I took ALL the cookware because I decided I needed it more than he did. I am a princess?

Ummmm, bacon... even though I"m mostly vegetarian these days I still love a good amatriciana...

chitta vritti said...

of course you are a princess and i love you for it :)

i'm mostly veggie too, but this sauce i can't live without. have never had amatriciana... must try!

susananda said...

Hi chitta! Just go for it in Paris. Even if they didn't speak English, ashtanga is a common language.

And thank ou for putting me in your blogroll! I must get around to doing that :/

chitta vritti said...

it took me three months to put up that blogroll, so don't sweat it :)

sure, ashtanga is a common language. but still, i always find it a bit scary to go to a new teacher/shala. and as the 'talky' person i am, it gets even more scary when we don't share the spoken language. but i AM considering it, so thank you for the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful, ashtanga is a common language...

I love the blogroll and my name! Sometimes I'm good at creatively linking people and sometimes I need a little help...

chitta vritti said...

oh, glad you liked it! i so love the word bella :)

as you can see, not all of my links are that creative either :-/