16 April 2008

The state of things


These last couple of weeks haven't been a joy, I tell ya! Too much to do at work, a REALLY awkward situation has occurred in my workplace, involving and affecting everyone, a cold that has come and gone, and come again and my bad shoulder (that seemed to be getting better) has been bugging me again. And all of this, of course, affecting my practice. Funny how things happen... I was just about to 'gear up' after a loooong and painful winter and then everything just had to be put on hold. Though sad about it because I miss a consistent practice, I'm not really worried or upset about it. I know that as soon as I'm feeling better it's there waiting for me.

Anyway, today I was reminded about the workshop with Petri that I'm going to - and it's in FOUR WEEKS! The first thing that came to my mind was "arghh, I need to get in shape till then!" Huh, silly me! Why would I have to do that?! It's just practice and whatever "shape" I am in then is where I am then, don't sweat it! So, I'm really looking forward to the workshop! Petri is a lovely teacher and there is a marvelous ambiance in the room when he teaches :)

Oh, and Mind Bending posted the whole clip of when Eddie Izzard does the famous 'Death Star canteen'. I watched it this morning, in my office while drinking my coffee, and I laughed out laud, almost choking on my coffee! I've often wondered how he comes up with these situations. He must be insane...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello hello! Yes, the beautiful thing about practice is that it's always there. I was out for essentially a few weeks because of my surgery/recovery and it always comes back. It's waiting for you!

crankyhausfrau said...

yes, it does come back. i had abdominal surgery last winter and things came back nicely!

sorry about work situation! ick!

chitta vritti said...

hello my dear readers!

yes Cranky, it is an 'ick' situation. but i'm pretty confident it will all turn out well, eventually.

and i do know my practice will still be there, happy to hear that is your experiences too :)