07 May 2008

Bad body parts - Part I

For the first time in my life I'm experiencing a toothache, a severe toothache. Started the night before yesterday, out of nowhere came this thumping pain in the upper left jaw.

What is wrong with my left side anyway???! Seems everything bad that have afflicted my body lately happens in my left side?

Anyway, the horrible pain kept me awake almost all night. Think I had like three hours of sleep before I got up and called my dentist. I got an emergency appointment a few hours later.

For the last couple of years I've had some tingles on and off in that area, but my dentist has never found anything suspicious or wrong on my yearly check-ups. On the contrary, she always praise me for my impeccable dental hygiene! She didn't find anything yesterday either... So this is most peculiar, why am I having these symptoms?

She removed the filling in one of the teeth that MIGHT be the problem and put in a temporary one. We'll have to wait a few days to see if things get better or not. I'm on anodyne right now so it isn't really that bad at the moment. What worries me is that I'm on my way to a conference in another part of the country and wont be back until Friday evening. IF this gets worse before I get back, maybe I'll have to see another dentist there? I hate going to the dentist and really only trust my own, so that fucking scares me!

And I'm scared to eat too! It starts hurting again when I do, not as bad as before, but still. So for now, I just drink a lot and only eat very soft things, like bananas. I'm hungry...

8 comments:

crankyhausfrau said...

poor thing! has your dentist done xrays? i know it is creepy i hate them, but it is a diagnostic tool.

i tend to have all my aches and pains on my left side, too. my chiropracter said the left side of the body relates to female relationships. what could this mean?

chitta vritti said...

oooh yes, lots of xrays. nah, not so many, but enough to see the affected area. there is absolutely nothing that indicate something is wrong...

the female relationship side? hm, i'd have to think about that! we can exchange thoughts and see if there seem to be something we can/should do?

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhh toothaches, soreness in the mouth, are awful.

What about ice cream? That is soft and you deserve it especially now. I hope that you feel better soon.

I think we are all fine in the female relationship department. : )

chitta vritti said...

hi Anna! i just had a chipwich! can't really say it made the ache better, but at least not worse. and you're right, i do deserve it now. it definitely made ME feel better :)

maybe the left side crappyness is not an indication that we're doing bad in our female relationship, but instead means the complete opposite?!

crankyhausfrau said...

yeah, i am not sure if it mean anything specifically bad. for example, my left side joints are very loose and tend to sublux and cause injury. maybe i am too loose with my female relationships, whatever that might mean? who knows, eh.

glad you are feeling better!

Carl said...

I understand that left side/right ride business is mostly about how we use our brains. My neurologist explained to me that "left brain" people -- those of us that spend all our time in rational thought -- generally are stronger on the right sides of our bodies. I don't know if this is different for left-handed people, who are nature-defying aberrations. The imbalance is the root cause for a lot of our unilateral aches and pains.

I would be amazed if you should somehow learn that your toothache is caused by a physical imbalance.

eeyore said...

first, i hope you are asleep, second, i hope it's better, and last, i love reading your post and thinking of you eating bananas and drinking whisky!(all which will help the pain)

chitta vritti said...

that's interesting Carl! i would say i'm a "left brain" person so this definitely fits into the picture. i mean, not my toothache, but other aches and problems that accrues in my body.

Eeyore, thank you! i WAS asleep and it IS better :)