11 May 2008

Sunny Sunday

Today is one of those days when you'd almost think it's July rather than May. The temperature is amazing, not a cloud in the sky and warm winds tickling your sleeveless arms. And the sounds, I love to listen to the sounds. Or rather the silence. Only once in a while you hear the sounds of someone doing renovation in their apartment, someone having lunch on the balcony, kids playing in the backyard or birds twittering.

This was NOT the case last night! The fabulous weather also brings out all the party animals. It was like every other neighbor in my house decided to have a party last night! My whole backyard was like a huge discotheque :-( Closing all windows and doors and using ear-plugs was the only way to get my precious sleep!

Practice was as lovely today as it was yesterday. I still lack some energy, so taking it slow and breathing was my main focus. Actually skipped a few of the last vinyasas just to keep what little energy that was still left so I could cope all the way to Navasana. I so wanted to get Petri's assists in Marichyasana, and I did! Oh, and I did Sirsasana!!! Happy, happy, happy! First time in six months and it was sooooo good :) I love that pose! Savasana was such a treat today.

After practice me and Rock’n Roll Boy went for breakfast, which turned into lunch. We walked to the Beach Pavilion and had a really good herring with mashed potatoes, butter and lingonberries. My first decent meal in days! I haven't seen Rock’n Roll Boy since he got back from Mysore and it was really nice to spend some time together. He's a sweet guy and I have been exited to hear about his trip. It means so much to hang out with ashtangi friends once in a while, I've really missed that!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh who is Rock'n Roll boy?

Sirsasana is an awesome pose. I am happy for you! Happy happy! Sounds like one of those couple of days when you practice and you feel like you have touched the universe. It's all golden. Go with it.

: )

chitta vritti said...

touching the universe, yes! i'm thinking it has all to do with attitude. i mean, i've been really weak these couple of days due to the tooth problem. but loving the practice, letting oneself feel the positive energy in the room and telling oneself to just do, regardless of how much you're able to, really makes a difference!

oh, Rock’n Roll Boy is a shala friend! we first met at a retreat a few years ago and usually we meet quite frequently at the shala. but since he went to Mysore and i've mostly been practicing in evenings, i haven't seen him for several months. yes, he's both sweet and good locking :) - and single, though, sadly i don't think we're compatible more then as friends...

crankyhausfrau said...

i am so glad you decided to do this workshop! it sounds like you are having a great time!

i always have a stash of ear plus in my bedside table for when my son comes into bed with me and snores!

Anonymous said...

Yes, accepting where you are is a beautiful thing. so much easier to say than to do, but when we can get there, it's rewarding. Often just getting to the mat is the prize, and whatever happens once we are there, is icing on the cake.

Speaking of icing I want to bake again!

Rock'n Roll Boy sounds cool... sometimes better friend chemistry happens but it's always good to have fun boy friends, right? I don't have independent boy friends anymore (friends that aren't spouses of friends) and I miss that

chitta vritti said...

i too have ear plugs stashed by my bed! not that i have anyone snoring beside me anymore, instead i have annoying neighbors... unless it's minus degrees (celsius!) outside, i always leave the doors to my balcony slightly open at night to get air and to keep my bedroom cool. so, i can hear everything that goes on around my backyard, which is sometimes nice, and sometimes not! :-P

can't say i have that many independent boy friends anymore either, but the ones i have are really precious! i'm also lucky to have a lot of couple friends where the guy is as close a friend to me as the girlfriend. in some cases it's even the guy who's originally my friend :)

icing makes me think of my moms sour creme chocolate cake! yum!

Anonymous said...

Sour cream chocolate cake? oooooooh.

Arturo said...

after attending my sutra reading I know understand your screen name, chitta vritti -waves or fluctuations of the mind.

yoga nirodaha chitta vritti

yoga is the cessation of the fluctuations of the mind.

namaste
arturo

chitta vritti said...

hi Arturo, nice to see you :)

yes, that's exactly it! hope you enjoyed your sutra reading?

namaste

chitta vritti said...

Anna, that cake IS oooooooh.

i'm looking for the recipe though, my mom seem to have missplaced it...