16 May 2008

Silly dream


This morning before I woke up, I dreamed of Carl! In the dream he unexpectedly came to visit me. I don't recall much of the dream, but what I do remember is that I was all exited to bring him to my shala and that we would practice together. Carl obviously didn't want to come with me and instead scheduled to go to different classes than me, which (as you can imagine) disturbed me and made me pretty upset!

I'm well aware that dreams are just a symbol of the stuff going on in your life that the subconscious is dealing with. The people and events that occur in your dream are not the people they're really about. But the feelings usually are! So now I'm pondering on what or who made me feel rejected, because that's the feeling I woke up with. I guess poor Carl just happened to become the target of this feeling because of a comment he made the other day. Dreams can indeed be silly!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh! It will be fun when CARL sees this.

He's actually delightful in person and I'm sure would be quite happy to practice with you!

chitta vritti said...

oh, i'm not worried! i hope some day i WILL be able to practice with some of you guys :)

just had to post that because it was so silly. i don't even know what he looks like, but it WAS Carl, i just knew!

Anonymous said...

Where IS Carl? Hee hee.

Carl said...

Chitta, I'd love to go to your studio and practice with you. That'd be my whole purpose to visiting Sweden. Still, I'd stare at your physical therapy tape and I think it would be you that'd opt to practice at a different time.

chitta vritti said...

Carl, you're sweet. that's partly why the dream was so weird! i thought that would be the only reason for you to come all the way here :)

lets hope then, my injuries are healed till (i'm not saying if!) we get to practice in the same room!