18 May 2008

Gray Sunday


This weather isn't helping at all! Cold, rainy and gray is what awaits you if you dare step outdoors. Yuck! Today's practice was truly dense and gloomy. My arm and shoulder were cumbersome and I happened to pick a spot in between a 'moaner' and a 'squirter'! Glad I did it, though. Haven't been to my own shala on a Sunday for a long time and was pleasantly surprised to discover that Toffee Hands is teaching those days now since Bird decided to stay in Mysore a few months more than planned.

I have to do some work this afternoon. NOT happy 'bout that, but it needs to be done. Bleh...

Yesterday was kinda nice though :) Did the laundry that needs to be done in the wash house (i.e. towels and sheets). Then met Grace and Che for coffee and we spent most of the afternoon just hanging out and having a nice time together. Later I went for dinner with Daddy'O and the brother of his sister's best friend and his wife. They've been on a three week trip to Russia and made a pit stop in Stockholm before going home to Sacramento. My sister and her mom came along too. This couple is quite amazing. They're in their 80's and go for such a trip, and they told us they still go skiing and do other physical activities. And they were such a sweet and delightful couple! They seemed so happy to meet some members of our family and to go for a nice meal at a local restaurant. I hope they have a safe trip home!

Gasp, I think I'll take a nap now...

No comments: